Who Is On Their Team?
There are lots of players on the insurance carrier’s team, but
they aren’t playing for you.
- Corporate Auditor: Approves or denies all claims prior to payment
- Senior Staff Management: Ensures field adjuster’s recommendation complies with corporate guidelines
- Agent: Licensed to represent the insurance company’s product line, not adjust claims
- Field Adjuster: Recommends scope of repairs to Senior Management
- Preferred Contractor/Vendor: Provides support for field adjuster’s recommendation to Corporate compliance auditor
- Preferred Dry Cleaning/Textile Company: Chosen by the insurance company and encouraged to clean as much as possible to minimize insurance carrier’s cost of replacement
A conflict of interest is present when one party attempts to represent both sides of a financial